The Mississippi Miss Hospitality program added a new element in 2018: Little Miss Hospitality. The Little Miss Program is designed for Miss Hospitality contestants to serve as mentors to young girls in their communities. Local Little Miss Hospitality representatives will perform during state competition in July and be recognized during the program’s livestream and in the program book.
The primary role of Little Misses will be to support and attend events in their hometown and receive mentoring by their Miss Hospitality “big sister.” Little Miss Hospitalities must be between 6 and 10 years old and preference should be given to a child within the contestant’s community. The name and contact information of Little Misses, as selected by the Local Director and contestant, must be provided to the State Office no later than March 15, 2024.
Additional information will be sent to the parents of the Little Miss representatives once their information has been submitted to the State Office. The registration fee for each Little Miss Hospitality is $250 and includes a custom sash, crown, and t-shirt. Little Miss packets and fees are due by May 3, 2024.
Participation in the Little Miss Hospitality program includes:
- Crown and sash provided by the State Program.
- Commemorative t-shirt provided by the State Program.
- Photo included in the Mississippi Miss Hospitality Official Program Book.
- Participation in special events and on-stage performances during State Competition.
- Opportunity to attend local events (ribbon cuttings, grand openings, and other similar events) alongside local representatives leading up to and following the State Competition as determined by the local director.
- Participation in competition weekend events, such as LMH private tea party, autograph party with contestant, and sing-a-long social with contestant.