Following guidance from state and local officials, changes are being made to the 2020 Mississippi Miss Hospitality program due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Download the 2020 Official Competition Guide for details and watch our video from 2019 Mississippi Miss Hospitality, Kasey Pearson.
State Competition Requirements
- Local contestants must participate in virtual preliminary competition held June 16 and 17, 2020.
- Each contestant must submit a complete Official Competition Packet no later than May 29, 2020.
- Contestants must sell at least two (2) full pages of advertising in the Mississippi Miss Hospitality program book.
- If a contestant is currently enrolled in an out-of-state college or university and wins the state title, she must immediately enroll in a college or university in Mississippi. A scholarship will be provided.
- Contestants must do their own hair and makeup at the State Competition. No one will be allowed in the accommodations or backstage prior to competition.
State Competitions & Judging
Panel Interview Competition (Preliminary)
Mississippi Speech Competition (Preliminary)
Application, Education, Community Involvement, and Honors (Preliminary)
Overall Presentation (Preliminary)
Community Commercial Competition (On-Stage)
Evening Gown Competition (On-Stage)
Interview Competition (On-Stage)
A Top Ten will be announced based on preliminary scoring. Top Ten contestants will proceed to on-stage competition in July in Hattiesburg, MS.